WHY RECRUIT FROM MBM?
M.B.M. Engineering College boasts of its high standards of education, prestigious legacy and a flourishing environment that caters for the overall development of our students, faculties and staff members. Since its inception in 1951, it has always held a reputed and thriving position among the academic community as well as associated industries. Coming from a pioneering institute in technical education our students are true professionals and job-ready engineers. We ensure the same by maintaining excellence in academics & research, encouraging geographical & technical diversity, providing access to great infrastructure and conducting regular extension activities to ensure overall development of the students.
M.B.M. Engineering College as a constituent faculty of Jai Narain Vyas University, Jodhpur has been conferred with right level of academic and administrative autonomy to ensure highest standards in teaching-learning processes, cutting-edge & regularly updated curriculum and effective assessment techniques which results into students that are always applauded for their conceptual knowledge, technical aptitude and problem solving skills.
With a vision to cater to the growing needs of the society and industry, the institute has always been a pioneer in incorporating latest domains of engineering education and research. The institute is proud of its 10 departments (established over a period of 70 years), which offer 14 undergraduate and 25 postgraduate programmes resulting into degrees of Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.), Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.), Master of Engineering (M.E.) and Master of Computer Applications (M.C.A.). All departments also offer core and interdisciplinary Doctoral (PhD) research programmes to keep pace with the cutting-edge R&D in concerned domains.Recently, in 2020, Government of Rajasthan has entrusted MBM by sanctioning a sum of 20 Crore rupees to start new courses in petroleum and geo resources engineering with a vision to cater the need of industry and ecosystem required to establish a Refinery and supporting facilities in the Barmer district of Rajasthan.
M.B.M. Engineering College is located on a 98 acre campus situated within the 5 Km radius of the Bus & Railway Station, Airport and all major landmarks of the Jodhpur City in the State of Rajasthan. Below are some statistics that speak of the vast infrastructure available for academic & research activities at the institute
- Fully Air Conditioned & Modernized Computer Centre with 02 Servers, 1024+1024 Mbps optical fibre internet connection, 200+ latest PCs and dedicated staff.
- Multiple Smart Classrooms, common room and research labs in each department.
- 12 subsidized Hostels with capacity to accommodate 500+ students.
- Dedicated Training & Placement Cell, Startup Cell and Incubation Centre.
- International Seminar Hall, VC enabled Board Room and Electronics & Multimedia Research Centre (EMMRC).
- Cricket and Football ground, Gymnasium & Indoor Sports block, Basketball court, Cooperative Stationary Store and Canteen facilities available within campus.
- Faculty & Staff Quarters within 3 Kms radius of the institute.
We have a total intake of 620 seats in UG programmes and 334 seats in PG programmes. Out of 620 UG seats, 370 seats from core engineering branches are government aided while the rest are industry-specific courses offered in self-financed mode (20% of these seats are eligible for Tuition-Fee Waiver Scheme). Furthermore, more than 300 students receive scholarship from various governmental agencies or alumni association of the institute. These figures combined with low residential costs, good infrastructure, cutting edge curriculum, reputed faculties and exciting environment makes M.B.M. a first choice for students within Rajasthan as well as from other states across the country. Being a state-run institution, students are offered admissions in undergraduate programmes through Rajasthan Engineering Admission Process (REAP) coordinated by Directorate of E-Governance, Government of Rajasthan. Students are shortlisted based on their merit in JEE Mains and their performance in 10+2 examinations. Similarly, for admission into MCA programme, students are shortlisted using the government coordinated Rajasthan MCA Admission Process (RMCAAP). For PG programmes, every department conducts its own two-stage assessment involving a written test followed by personal interviews of the candidates. For PhD programmes, students are shortlisted using the university-organized entrance exam (MPET) followed by submission of SOPs and Personal Interviews.
Students play a vital role in institutional management, ongoing research, and continuous improvement of the institute here at MBM. Students are allowed and encouraged to take Position of Responsibilities (PoRs) as per their interest and work in close coordination with faculties at various instances during their course of studies. Due to the nourishing culture and long period of existence, we are fortunate enough to have a huge alumni base who are currently at the peak of their career and contributing through top positions within industry, governmental bodies and academia. Under the mentorship of such experienced alumni and faculty members of the college, our students actively engage in several activities at the campus including training & placement, startup & entrepreneurship, brand building, IT infrastructure management, environment & cleanliness management, curriculum development, mentoring junior students etc. Such collaborative activities allow us to maintain a supportive, friendly and nourishing environment that enables our students to become responsible, ethical and true professionals As part of TEQIP-III project (in collaboration of MHRD and World Bank), institute has taken many initiatives to improve the employability and technical skills of the students. Since the start of the TEQIP-III programme, every years employability skills training, assessment (AMCAT) and GATE training has been held for third and final year students of institute in which more than 1200+ students have participated till date. These training have brought major improvements in the performance of our students in GATE, ESE and career placements. We plan to continue organizing these trainings after the completion of the TEQIP-III programme with help of our alumni and corporate relations.
While academics and curricular activities ensure that students are equipped with sound domain knowledge, practical exposure and desired skillset required by the industry, we equally understand the importance of overall development of a student’s personality to be successful in any career. Further, to foster innovative, competitive and life-long learning mindset and inter-disciplinary interests within the students, it becomes necessary to augment the academics with co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. In line with the above need of students, the institute has constituted several student clubs which are mentored by alumni and faculties of the institute. These clubs cater for technical as well as personal development of the students during their studies. Apart from the regular sessions and events organized by these clubs, many state-level competitive events are organized annually such as Innovarious, Encarta, Splash etc. that incorporate various technical, cultural and sports activities.
Students and faculties at MBM are always encouraged to participate and establish the marks of excellence. Below are some major achievements of our students and faculties during the past few years –
1. Our students have secured AIR 2,7,15,25,73,90,112,182 etc. in respective streams in GATE 2018 & 2019.
2. Every year an average of 20-25 current and passed out students from our institute clear Indian Engineering Services Examination and secure reputed positions.
3. Our students are proud winners in all major technical festivals held across country including Techfest & Mood Indigo at IIT Bombay, Cognizance at IIT Roorkee, IGNUS at IIT Jodhpur and so on.
4. Our students have also proved their mettle in R&D by publishing their papers in reputed international conferences and Journals. Every now and then, our students have been awarded with best paper awards at such conferences.
5. Currently 4 promising startups are incubated at the institute while many have grown up to be prominent names in engineering, consultancy and services sector over the years.
6. Our students have always received great feedback from their employers and we are proud to declare that most of the companies return every year impressed with the performance of previously recruited students.
7. Our faculty members have been entrusted by Government and Industries by inviting them as consultants, inspection officers and delegatory members in high level decision committees for major projects.
8. Our faculty members are also invited by industry and government agencies for recruitment of engineers as well as managing level positions.
9. Our faculty members have executed over 50+ major and minor research projects sponsored by government bodies as well as private industries over the past 10 years.
And many more…
MBM Engineering College, Jodhpur, being one of the oldest engineering institutions in the country has always been a pioneer in development of society and industries by providing skilled human resources, cutting-edge R&D solutions and expert support in planning, execution and assessment of major developmental projects in the Western India Region. Having some of the best faculties and a vast base of alumni members, we are proud of the overall development that we offer to our students during their course of studies at the institute. We believe that our students hold the best of technical, interpersonal, ethical and professional skills required to be a successful contributor to industry and the nation as a whole. We invite all prospective recruiters to come and visit our campus to assess the capabilities of our students, give feedback and possibly recruit some of them as budding engineers for your organization.